Advertising on Facebook opens up enormous opportunities to connect with people who otherwise might know nothing about your company. While other mediums can be quite expensive, Facebook offers opportunities for every business, no matter what your size. Here are a few reasons you should be doing it.
Your Audience is On Facebook
Facebook has a user base of over 1.49 billion members worldwide, and generates over 22 billion ad clicks per year, Facebook is providing businesses with the largest advertising opportunity since Search.
Facebook Advertising is Cheap
Facebook ads tend to cost a fraction of what other online marketing channels cost. For example, one Facebook marketing campaign for a small business was able to generate 200 new people who visited their site with just $5 per day for two weeks.
If you’re strapped for cash, just ensure that you set reasonable daily Facebook budgets so you don’t exceed what you’re able to spend. It’s not a question of how much Facebook costs, but how far your money will go. If you go into Facebook advertising with a clear focus and follow a simple strategy, the cost-efficiency of the platform will astound you.
The Targeting Capabilities of Facebook Are Exceptional
The level of granularity you can get with Facebook targeting is amazing. Whether it be by behaviors, interests, demographics, connections, age ranges, languages, or locations, you can dig pretty deep with these targeting capabilities and layer them upon each other to ensure you’re getting rid of any questionable, out-of-market clickers.
Facebook Is Effective to Push On-the-Fence Leads Down the Lead Funnel
Re-marketing is particularly effective and works wonders for marketers because it targets an audience that has already visited your site, and therefore is more likely to be interested in your products or offerings.
Facebook Allows You to Find New Qualified Leads Easily
Lookalike audiences allow you to reach NEW people who are similar to your current audience and therefore likely to be interested in your business. Install data from mobile apps, or simply from fans of your Facebook page. You can also further define the size and targeting options to ensure your lookalike audience is an accurate reflection of your target buyers.
What Type of Ads Are Available?
You have several options – each of which has unique benefits:
- Singles Ads with one image.
- Single Ads with a Carousel of rotating images – up to five.
- Video Ads.
The positioning of your ad also offers several options:
- Ads that appear in people’s timelines, just like posts from their friends.
- Ads that appear on mobile phones, in Browsers, or both.
All have pluses and minuses, but all can be effective. Facebook does a significant amount of policing, to ensure their users aren’t bombarded with bad ads, but for a few Dollars, Pounds, or Euros per day, you can get your message out very effectively to your specific target audiences. It can be a gold mine for your business.
Should Your Ad Link to Your Website or to Your Facebook Business Page?
Good question. The answer can be either – depending on the purpose of your ad. The most effective campaigns will use a link to a specific landing page on your website that matches the ad offer – a discount, special offer, or promotion. Some guidelines are:
- use attractive pictures that are appropriate for the offer. Faces consistently get better response – but it all depends on the offer. Talk with us about it – we know all the latest statistics.
- use good concise copy so people can understand your offer. Less is always better – fewer words get better results.
- always have a separate landing page for your ad. It’s easier to use a current website page, but it never works as well. Plus a separate page allows you to have “Facebook Only” offers.
- reinforce your ad copy and pictures on your landing page. This makes people feel comfortable that you are really offering what your ad said you were.
- make it simple for people to respond on your website landing page. You should never ask for more than a name, email address, and/or phone number. And ask for it on the same page as the offer, at the top right or center.
How well you combine these elements will make or break your campaign.
How Do You Place Your First Facebook Ad?
It’s easy to get started, as long as you have someone available who is familiar with Facebook who can help you navigate the steps. There are lots of options, and targeting requires some expertise. There are also browser specific considerations, and Facebook is constantly updating their advertising tools. But it doesn’t take a lot, and the return can be exceptional.
If you are technically inclined, and can work with images or videos, you can make your way through the tools yourself. You’ll also need some ad copy skills, since Facebook limits the amount of type of text you can use.
Or, of course, we are always here to help you. We can have your ads running in as quickly as a week.